Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finally, I give in and join the world in blogging....

Since we've moved so far from friends and family I decided to take some time to share what is going on in our life with everyone. We are loving Lubbock so far! No complaints from me (and that is really amazing!) Lubbock is the perfect combination of everything that we loved about Louisiana and Fort Worth (a perfect country-city mix). The weather is great too (well in comparison to other places we've lived). It does get hot but it's more of a dry heat and it cools off every night. The nights are so nice here! Here's a brief update of each family member:



Tylen-- will be four September 21st but thinks he's 14! He is 100% boy and still loves to play rough and tough (although we've tamed it some). He loves his new Sunbeam class and is making friends very fast. He is very into "school time" where I help him with his numbers and letters. He recognizes most of his letters and all of his numbers and he is practicing writing his letters. His new love is our four-wheeler. He only rides by himself with the governor on (so that he can only go really slow) in open ares haha. But, he loves riding with mom and dad.



Braylen-- is growing so fast and talking more and more everyday! He is almost 19 months and counting... He is my sweet, timid, cuddle bug (he takes after Luke). He is very laid back and just hangs out all day. He suddenly just started talking a few weeks ago and has a new word or two everyday. His favorite things to say are, "I 'anna go", "Shoes on", "Outside", "Catch", and "Night night". He and Tylen both adjusted very well to their new house, finding their way around very quickly. He loves his family and prefers to stay close to mommy. He is slowly adjusting to nursery.... slowly being the key word there.



Luke quickly found a new softball league here (imagine that) and is showing off his skills haha. He stays pretty busy with work but loves to go riding four-wheelers with our friends here. (Can you tell that's the family hobby lately?) We went mud riding for the first time and I actually got into it more than he did. I was covered (pics to come)! I guess the country side came out haha. There are lots of young couples our age at church (b/c of Texas Tech) so that is fun. There are 2 nurseries and 3 Sunbeam classes! The nursery has their own chorister and story time reader! It's great to have so many friends for the kids. As for as me....I'm just loving being home with the kids. I've joined a gym to get my rear into shape and hope to enroll in the Spring to start on my Master's in Psycholgy. Other than that I am just loving being a wife and mommy!! I'm new at this blogging thing so bear with me : )

1 comment:

Pace & Gwen said...

So, I LOVED your update from 6 months ago... :) You're a good writer. You should keep up the good work. Let's hang out and mix up the background (visit cutest blog on the block)? Maybe we (Karris and I) can get you more excited about blogging regularly, cause we wanna read it!